Thursday, June 25, 2009

Did You Know (according to my parents)...

That TV stations pre-make obituary specials for famous people JUST IN CASE they die suddenly? I was so confused when I heard that NBC had procured  post-mortem (Latin, beeyotches!)  Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson (R.I.P. to both) tributes. And then my parents told me that they make them ahead of time.
I wonder if somewhere out there, every celebrity has an obituary tape just waiting to be popped into the TV schedule if need be. And wouldn't they have to update it pretty frequently? I wonder if that's a job in of itself... if anyone out there reading is or knows of a person who is a celebrity obituary updater, let me know. 'Cause that's one heck of a random job!
I wonder if they just have them for older celebrities or super famous ones. Like do they have one for... Hilary Duff (first name that came to mind)? I bet they're more likely to have one for Betty White. Well, now that I think of it, that's kind of obvious. Do you think they have one for semi-old celebrities, like Oprah or something? After all, she is around the same age as Michael Jackson was. 
Of course I am reminded of 30 Rock, in that episode where Jack decides that pretending Jenna's dead will up her career (and her new Jackie Jormp-Jomp movie), so they ask Pete if they can put on a memorial show for her and he says "We actually already have an obituary reel for Jenna. We put it together after she cheated on that mobster." Interesting... (and yes, I can find a TV quote fitting of ANY subject)


PS: I confess, I had to look up that latin phrase. But it sounds so good! I also had to look up if Betty White was still alive-- just in case I forgot and upset some people. And I had to look up Pete's exact quote. The internet is a wondrous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?