Thursday, October 8, 2009

T-shirt blunder

I really hope someone else has noticed this. Otherwise I might be the first case of senility at age 17.
So I was browsing through the clothes at Target, checking out the new Anna Sui line (surprisingly expensive and not super cute). And I came upon this pretty ugly shirt from the collection. Then I noticed something:

Do you see it? No? Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Now, is it just me, or is this shirt noticeable grammatically incorrect? It should be "Best Friend For Life Who Has Lunch And Goes Shopping A Lot" OR "Best Friends For Life Who Have Lunch And Go Shopping A Lot." Right?
And, now that I see it, "Have" is the only word whose first letter isn't capitalized! Were they hoping by not capitalizing it we wouldn't noticed their gigundo error? Nice try, crafty designers. Nice try.
And, on top of the uglyness and the incorrectness, this is also kind of a quote from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, which makes it (and me for knowing the quote) uncool.

London: We can be BFFWLSAGSAL!
Mr. Moseby and Esteban: What?
London: "Best Friends Forever Who Love Spending and Go Shopping A Lot."

So there you have it, readers. A huge typo for sale at your nearest Target. Unless I'm totally insane and this is grammatically correct, in which case I'll crawl into a corner and slip on my Dunce hat.

Do you guys see it?

1 comment:

  1. the only reason i stumbled upon this page was because i thought the exact same thing. so i of course took a picture of the shirt in the store and obviously googled it! writing aside, it is just a terrible shirt!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?