Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Cards

Merry Christmas to all!

On the topic of Christmas, we've received many wonderful holiday cards this year from family and family friends and a ton of people I've never even met. Holiday cards are fun and motivate us to clean our cluttered fridge door.

So, naturally, my parents wanted to do a holiday card like we do every year. But holiday cards are particularly awkward for only children like me. It's just you, year after year. And frankly, no one cares about getting holiday cards of only children after they turn 15 or so. We have cards of siblings older than 15, but that's OK because there's three of them. We got cards of three-year-old onlies but that's OK because they're adorable. A sixteen-year-old only is not worth an inch of precious space on the fridge.

So this year my ultimatum was... I can't be the only one on the card. Add the cats or even my parents-- because, after all, they're the ones who want to do this--, but I'm not doing it alone this year.

So it's Christmas morning and we have yet to take a good picture to send out. So I thought the subject would be kaput, right? WRONG. My parents still want to send a holiday card! After the holidays!?

All I know is that I'm going to resist with all my might. But, being outnumbered, it's going to be a tough battle. Wish me luck and I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?