Saturday, February 6, 2010

30 Rock 4.09 Recap

It's been awhile... I've been lazy... but it's all worth it, because here comes a nice juicy recap of a hilarious episode! (And 3 more to come after this one!)

30 Rock, Season 4, episode 9, "Klaus and Greta"
Jenna "dates" James Franco. Jack leaves a drunk voicemail. Liz outs her cousin. Happy 30 Rock New Year, everyone!

Realer than Liz leaving Cerie drunken messages:
- "Does chewing on a sponge trick your brain's hunger center? Yes!" You learn something new every day. Plus 3
- "Make sure his manager doesn't screw her."
"Too late! Oh wait, which way did you mean that?" I love you, Jenna. Plus 2.
- The protests to the switch-screen after TJ says he thinks he got Angie pregnant... perfection. Plus 5.
- Liz is "a frequent leaver of drunk messages" Plus 4 for the callback to "Episode 210" and her night of drunken co-op board calls.
- "I've lemoned this situation with Nancy!" Yay, new 30 Rock word!
Lemon (v.): to mess up irrevocably. Plus 5.
- James Franco kinda weirds me out. At first this was going to be a minus, but I realized he's supposed to weird me out. So plus 2.
- Liz's cousin is hot. Plus 4, because we ladies (ok, we teens. I guess he's kind of young for most viewers) haven't had such eye candy on 30 Rock since Jon Hamm left.
- "Nope, that's a serial killer, just get a cab." Living in NY allows people to say that so matter-of-fact-ly. Plus 1.
- Jonathan vs. Kenneth. I sense some very comedic potential in this possible rivalry. Plus 2.
- Kenneth vs. Computer. An even more epic rivalry. Plus 4.
- Poor Jenna. She is just a walking tragedy, isn't she? No points, just pity.
- Liz has a cardigan with "fuzzy buttons" that she's "afraid to wear." Which makes sense because I'm afraid to see it. BOOM! Roasted. Plus 2.
- "Sir, I don't mean to swear, but I am irritated right now." Kenneth, I love you. Plus 3.
- I'm not a fan of Nancy, but I am a fan of how lovesick Jack is. So sweet! Plus 6.
- Someone needs to make some more official rules for the "Today Show Drinking Game." It sounds fun! Plus 4.
- I swear to God, right before Liz asked Jenna "Why are you wearing a man's shirt and no pants?" I thought, "Why is Jenna wearing a Liz-like shirt?" She does wear a lot of plaid... plus 2.
- Kenneth is seen drinking a juice box. Plus 1.
- The code spells Klaus!! Did not see that one coming. Seriously, good twist! Plus 3.
- "You should buy a leather jacket!" The enthusiasm with which Kenneth says this sentence is overwhelming and perfectly Kenneth. Plus 2.
- "You're being such a non-pillow right now!" = my new favorite insult. Plus 3.
- When Jack's on the call, Kenneth takes Cerie's hand, a la the same way he did with Jonathan earlier on. Cerie doesn't take her hand away right away! Is anyone else a Cenneth/Kerie shipper? They'd be so cute together... plus 3.
- Oh Liz Lemon. You never fail to amaze me with your ridiculousness. Question: Is having a three-way with a celebrity and a pillow an all-time low or all-time high? Either way, plus 5.
Total: 66

Faker than Jenna and James's relationship:
- That Blossom reference went right over my head so minus 1.
- On New Years Jonathan met his birth parents... I kind of want to feel bad because Jack doesn't care about poor Jonathan... but I don't really care either. Minus 2.
- Kumiko reminds me of my Wii nemesis, Fumiko. Have you ever played tennis against her? That Mii is a b*tch. Minus 1.
- Liz's hot cousin only served to remind me that all hot guys are gay... minus 3.
- Did Kenneth really step through that coat hanger? That must've been fake... right? Minus 2.
- "And it gets even better. I just had a burrito." Surprisingly, I didn't find this random TJ quip funny. It wasn't ridiculous enough. Minus 2.
- "Having ice-cold diarrhea from drinking Jamba Juice..." Ew. Just... ew. And how? Minus 4.
- Super-religious Kenneth has seen or read The Da Vinci Code? Minus 6.
- I understand that Liz is protective of her cousin, but why is she trying to bore him to death with "making nachos and seeing who can fall asleep the earliest?" Minus 5.
- Of course I looked up to see if Kenneth was right when he said typing in "Nancy's Secrets" into Google gives you "a store that sells wig extensions." He wasn't. These guys noticed also. Minus 6.
- Kenneth deleted the message. He has a backbone? Minus 1.
- Tracy's odd "Is every woman someone's daughter?"realization just didn't work for me. Minus 3.
- Liz's mom-esque speech to Randy reminds me... what happened to the whole adoption plot line? That was dropped like Ugly Betty. (That's both a dig at UB's plot holes and it's recent cancellation. Which I'm sad about, but I couldn't resist the joke.) Minus 5.
Total: 41

This was, no contest, a very real, very funny episode of 30 Rock. The next recap should be up in a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?