Friday, September 10, 2010

Love Letter



Dear Victorian Lace Dress,
How are you? You look stunning today. Look, I know we only met a few minutes ago, but I just have to tell you something important. I know this might be hard for you to hear, but...
I love you.
There! It's out! I love you, I love you, I love you! I'm sorry, I just couldn't hold it in any longer. Ever since I first laid eyes on your scalloped lace form, I've known I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Besides, I feel like I've been waiting for you for forever.
I can't offer you much. I have a modest-sized closet that I would love for you to call "home." I even have a wooden hanger reserved just for you! But what I lack in grandeur I will make up in love. I will wear you weekly, and always pair you with my most refined heels-- no polyester will touch your supple, intricate lace! I will dress you down for school with tights, a belt, and a blazer, and up for night with some dazzling earrings. I will do whatever it takes to make this relationship work.
What I'm trying to say is... move in with me. I know this relationship is moving so fast-- I mean, I haven't even tried you on yet!-- but I just know that this is true love.
Just think about it, ok? I'll be waiting.

Love,
RN

(image from shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?